Explore Nepal with Lavinia Spalding & Jeff Greenwald, March 5th-15th 2018
As we move through our lives, we all turn a wheel of stories. Some arcs are brief, while others span decades. All help define who we are—and the stories we gather on our travels are often the most compelling of all.
Nepal is a country of vivid colors, unforgettable faces, and countless stories waiting to be told: a place where the sacred and profane spin together. During our 10-day exploration of the Kathmandu Valley, we'll visit ancient temples and hidden alleyways, meet with artists and spiritual leaders, and shop for beads and Buddhas in the labyrinthine bazaars of the old city.
While we’re immersed in this world, we’ll compose short, powerful sketches of the people and places that move us. These “flash nonfiction” pieces will reflect pivotal moments and may serve as the seeds for longer narratives. Committing them to the page will become a kind of spiritual practice, supported by our morning meditation sittings.
During our 10 days we will:
* Hone our writing skills
* Capture transformative moments
* Compose small stories, some photo illustrated
* Join in morning meditations
* Engage all our senses
* Ignite our curiosity and deepen our awareness
* Shop for Buddhas (of course)
* Cultivate positive journaling habits
* Connect to a deeply spiritual culture
* Share our work with our travel community
We invite you to join us aboard the chaotic, magical wheel of Nepal this coming March.